The ultimate vegan loaded sweet potato – packed with kale, black beans, and topped off with a homemade green goddess dressing. Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
I feel like such a tease today.
I’ve been throwing this loaded sweet potato in your face for weeks now without a recipe to go on.
I had good intentions to share this with you a while back but somehow other recipes bullied this poor sweet potato to the sidelines.
Well, I’ve got good news for you. The wait is over. And the sweet potato is finally fighting back.
This recipe was created on a whim about a month ago. Steve was working late and I was left to fend for dinner by myself. I wanted something that fit the following criteria:
- Fit for a table of one
- Warm, comforting & grounding (in Ayurveda, root vegetables like the sweet potato are thought to be grounding)
- Filling & satisfying
- Delicious (obvs)
I had sweet potatoes and kale at home already so I was inspired to build on that and create the ultimate loaded sweet potato.
Vegan Loaded Sweet Potato
- Two medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green Goddess Dressing to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, poke multiple holes into both sweet potatoes. Place potatoes in oven and bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until tender.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil over medium heat in medium saucepan. Add garlic and cook for a couple minutes, until fragrant and before browns. Add kale and toss to coat. Add 1/3 cup water and cover for five minutes. Remove cover, toss kale, reduce heat, and cook for another 15 minutes or until kale is desired texture, adding more water as needed..
- Add beans to kale and cook until warmed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Top with black beans, kale, and the Green Goddess Dressing.