Pizza sauce, ham, red onion slithers, melted cheesy goodness and fresh sweet tomato slices – delicious!!
The possibilities are endless with these pizza toasts. On this occasion I kept them quite simple. But there are so many variations you could choose from.
I didn’t have any of my delicious homemade pizza sauce made up when I did these pizza toast, so I just did a quick cheats version. But if you have time I highly recommend making a batch of the pizza sauce and freezing some handy portions.
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly!
- 2 slices (2oz/60) of whole wheat bread (1 HEb)
- 50g/2oz of mozzarella cheese (1xHEa), grated or sliced
- 1 large vine tomato, sliced thinly
- half a small red onion, sliced
- 2 slices of ham, sliced up
- Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- Spray oil
- freshly chopped Italian parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spray baking tray with spray oil.
- Place on the slices of bread
- Spread with passata and a sprinkling of Italian herbs.
- Add some slithers or red onion and sliced up ham.
- Top with mozzarella
- Add tomato slices to the top. drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven until cheese has melted and toast is crisp and golden. (10-15mins)
- Sprinkle with some fresh chopped herbs
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- You can mix up the toppings for these for a variation
- Be sure to adjust the syns by the toppings you use.
- Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
- All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 386
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturatedfat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 38.6g
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Sodium: 1169.4mg
- Fibre: 6.8g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 59.8mg