yeah. your gonna need to make these. like today.
summer may be over but this s’mores train keeps right on into fall baby. no campfire? no problem. bake up a batch of these s’mores brownies and you will feel like you reliving your best summer nights (without all the actually camping) i first made these for a group of my hubby’s work colleagues and it went over so well i decided to share them here! its my go-to when someone says ‘ can you bring a dessert? ‘ why yes i can. and you will love them.
now you can do this my way (the cheater way with a box of brownie mix) or you can do this from scratch – and i recommend Glorious Treats brownie recipe for that. either way you will be just delighted with the gooey fudgy goodness and wow whoever you share them with … if you decide to share them that is.
first, i suggest you line your baking pan with parchment – these can be tricky to cut so being able to remove them from the pan easily is key. make the brownie batter and pour 1/2 of it into the base of the pan. you will need 7-8 graham crackers – layer them over top of the brownie mix. i have made this several times and sometimes i add a bit more batter over top and do a second layer of graham crackers – i like the extra crunch! top that layer with hershey chocolate bars. but here is the thing: usually they come in a pack of 6 bars… and you need 7 for a good fit. i usually buy a pack of 6 and then pick one up by the register. top that with a layer or marshmallows. you can use any kind you want but i have personally found that the square ones made for s’mores are perfect and make spreading the batter over the top much easier! finally, top the marshmallows with the remaining brownie batter and spread evenly.
- 1 recipe for brownies or 1 box brownie mix
- 7-8 graham crackers
- 7 Hershey’s chocolate bars (1.5 oz each)
- 6 oz. Kraft Jet-Puffed StackerMallows (for S’mores)*
- Line your 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make brownie batter according to directions. Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Layer graham crackers side by side in an even layer over the batter.
- Next, layer Hershey’s chocolate bars in a similar fashion over the graham crackers.
- Then, line the marshmallows over the top of the chocolate bars and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake according to brownie directions adding 10 minutes of bake time.
- Let cool completely, remove from the pan, slice, serve, and enjoy!