My husband Jack and I started A Family Feast because of our love of food. We are enthusiastic about sharing great recipes that we’ve made ourselves so that you – our wonderful readers – can enjoy them too!
So every once in a while, we try a new recipe – like this one for Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake – that is so delicious and gets us so excited that we rearrange our calendar to share it here as soon as possible!
Three simple ingredients make up this Nutella crunch ice cream cake – Nutella, Rice Krispies cereal, and vanilla ice cream – all combined together into one fantastic, and super easy-to-make dessert! First Rice Krispies are coated with melted Nutella and then cooled before stirring into softened vanilla ice cream. The mixture is packed into a springform pan to form a cake, topped with some more of the coated cereal mixture, and then frozen until ready to serve.
NUTELLA CRUNCH ICE CREAM CAKE
- 2 cups Nutella
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Place a 9 or 10 inch springform pan, as well as a very large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the Nutella and Rice Krispies cereal. Mix well until the Rice Krispies are completely coated with the Nutella. Remove from heat.
- Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Pour the Nutella-Rice Krispies mixture onto the lined sheet pan and spread evenly. Then place in the freezer to chill.
- While the coated cereal mixture is cooling, remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to soften.
- After about 30-45 minutes (you want the Nutella coated cereal to be cooled and firm but not frozen at this point) – using a fork and knife – cut the coated cereal into bite sized pieces. Place back into the freezer, if necessary, until the ice cream is softened.
- Once your ice cream is softened (it should be just softened enough to stir in the coated cereal but not so melted that it is runny), remove the Nutella-cereal pieces, the large mixing bowl and the springform pan from the freezer.
- Reserve 2 cups of the Nutella-cereal mixture.
- Quickly combine the ice cream and remaining coated cereal in the chilled mixing bowl, then pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan, packing it firmly so that there are no air pockets. Top the cake with the reserved Nutella-cereal mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the springform pan back into the freezer for at least 4-6 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- Remove the cake from the freezer about 30-45 minutes before serving and place in the refrigerator to soften a bit.
- When ready to serve, place the cake on a platter or cake stand and remove the sides of the springform pan. Cut and serve immediately. (http://www.afamilyfeast.com)