THE BEST GRILLED CHICKEN AT HOME
Don’t like to grill chicken outside in the chilly temps? you can also bake this chicken in the oven, use a grill pan on the cooktop or I love to use my Foreman Grill on the kitchen counter.
GRILLED CHICKEN TIPS:
- Use chicken tenderloins, they cook up quick. If you don’t have tenderloins, you can make your own by butterflying a whole breast or pounding it out and cut into strips with a sharp knife.
- Marinate or brine ahead of time for grilled chicken that’s full of flavor.
- Prep your grill. Make sure the grates are clean and rub a little oil or non-stick grill spray onto the (clean and preheated) grates right before cooking so the chicken doesn’t stick.
- Do not use high heat. Cook chicken over medium, indirect heat on the grill.
- Close the lid. Food cooks quicker and evenly when the grill lid is closed.
- Use a thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to 165°F, so you should use a meat or instant-read thermometer to check that the chicken is done. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the thickest piece. If you don’t have a thermometer, simply cut into a thick piece to make sure the juices run clear and that the meat is opaque and not translucent or pink
LEMON ROSEMARY GRILLED CHICKEN
- 12 Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Using a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and rosemary.
- Place tenderloins in dish or zip-top bag and pour marinade over chicken, reserving a few tablespoons for basting.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- Heat grill to medium indirect heat and add chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip. Baste with extra marinade and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil for 3-5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh basil when serving.