These turkey taco lettuce wraps are the yummiest clean eating recipe ever! Low-carb and gluten-free, they are so crunchy, fresh and delicious!
Attention all taco lovers! Here comes a taco in a lettuce wrap form! The giant lettuce leaf serves as a taco shell 🙂 Seasoned browned ground turkey topped with fresh tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro and shredded cheese, wrapped in a handy Romaine leaf – amazing!
Grab the lettuce wrap from the bottom, join your fingers together so the taco doesn’t escape, bring it to your mouth and bite into the freshness! This is so fresh and delicious, not to mention crunchy and satisfying! Fresh flavor explosion that really fills you up, and best of all, these turkey taco lettuce wraps are so good for you!
These turkey taco lettuce wraps fit into any healthy diet – low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, Whole 30, low-fat, high-protein, Weight Watchers, you name it. No bread, no carbs, no gluten and it’s still a wrap! If you are avoiding dairy, just omit the cheese 🙂 These turkey lettuce wraps are super nutritious, full of all-natural unprocessed whole food ingredients! So yummy too!
This recipe is super quick and easy to make, you can have these turkey lettuce wraps on the table in 15 minutes! Just lay out the Romaine leaves on a plate, brown the ground turkey, and while the turkey is cooking, chop the onion, tomato, avocado and cilantro. You can be really creative with the taco wrap toppings – add any veggies and herbs that you like. Top the lettuce leaves with cooked seasoned ground turkey, then add the taco toppings and dinner is ready! If you are looking for more taco recipes, I’ve got these yum-yums for you: Mango Fish Tacos and Easy Taco Salad – enjoy!
Healthy Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Recipe type: Wrap
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and cook, stirring periodically, for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and tomato sauce and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Put the lettuce leaves on plates (2 leaves per plate).
- Put the ground turkey inside the lettuce leaves, dividing evenly between the leaves.
- Top the turkey with chopped avocado, tomato, shredded cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.