Healthy Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad is QUICK and EASY RECIPE for lunch, family dinner or party food for a crowd. Chopped salad with marinated grilled chicken and veggies is skinny, clean eating, low carb, light and easy summer meal. This simple recipe use just one mixture as marinade for chicken and salad dressing, too.
This salad is great to be complete meal for weeknight family dinner. Above all it’s healthy, simple and easy to make. Actually it’s combination of grilled chicken and a lot of chopped veggies, so you won’t have to make several dishes. Just one dish and family dinner is ready, sounds great, right?!
Eventually, summer is here! Summer means more gathering and parties. Healthy Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad is great if you need to feed the crowd. Just chop fresh veggies and grilled chicken and you can make a large bowl of food in half an hour. You can easily double or triple the recipe if needed.
But above all I want to point out the most important fact about this salad. This Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad is really healthy, clean eating meal.
- 12-14 oz. boneless skinless chicken tenders (or chicken breast sliced ½ inch thick)
- 1-1 ½ tablespoon olive oil to grease the pan
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (2 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large avocado-diced
- 1 cucumber -diced
- 1 ½-2 cups cherry tomatoes-halved
- 1 small-medium red onion- sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese- to sprinkle on top if desired
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients for marinade/dressing and stir well.
- Reserve half of the mixture for later use as salad dressing. Cover and store in the fridge.
- Place chicken tenders in remaining mixture and flip the chicken to coat well. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Grease grilling pan with olive oil, heat over medium high heat and grill the chicken a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked completely. Cool for a few minutes. Chop the chicken in bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine diced avocado, cucumber, sliced cherry tomatoes, red onion and chopped chicken, pour reserved dressing over the salad ingredients, stir well and serve.