We love PaniniHappy’s version with the green goddess herbs mixed directly into cream cheese, but ours is a little different. We made a fresh herb pesto with the standard Green Goddess herbs, plus a sneaky handful of kale (which is now going to be a staple condiment in our kitchen), spread it onto the bread, added sliced avocado, fresh baby spinach, and goat cheese. Mozzarella is what we already had, so we added that as the “melty” cheese.
- 2 slices bread (we used a white bread, but one filled with lots of different whole grains and seeds would be *awesome*)
- 2-3 tablespoons Green Goddess Herb Pesto (recipe below)
- 2 slices mild white melty cheese like mozzarella
- handful fresh baby spinach
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- olive oil (and butter if you’re so inclined)
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of Green Goddess Herb Pesto onto each slice of bread (2 tablespoons total, but if you’re sensitive, go light, the pesto is STRONG).
- On one slice of bread, add 1 slice of cheese, sliced avocado, crumbled goat cheese, spinach, second slice of cheese, then top it with second slice of bread. Press together gently.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium low heat. (If you want to use butter, add it to the oil and let it melt). Add the sandwich to the oil and cook until bread is golden brown. Press down on the sandwich lightly, then flip the sandwich over and cook until second side is golden brown.