A yummy wrap with chicken, slivered almonds, celery, and dried cranberries for a new twist. It’s quick and easy to prepare, making it a delicious way to enjoy a healthy, protein-filled lunch.
I make a batch every week and store the chicken salad in the fridge where it’s easy for both my husband and myself to make a delicious lunch whenever we need to. When you have good food readily available, it’s much easier to make healthy eating choices.
This Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap recipe is perfect as I work toward eating healthier and feeding my family more protein-filled, nutritious meals.
For me, It’s not just about “healthy” foods, but also about knowing where that food came from. NatureRaised Farms food offers delicious, all-natural chicken that is minimally processed with no artificial ingredients added. Their farmers never give their chickens any hormones, steroids, or antibiotics.
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cooked and shredded
- ½ cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- about 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 whole wheat tortilla wraps or serve on lettuce or spinach
- Shred the chicken breast and put into a large bowl. Add the craisins, celery, and almonds and toss together. Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and mix until combined. You may want to add a little more or LESS mayo, depending on your taste. Spoon into a whole wheat flour tortilla, wrap, and serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.
For a gluten-free or Paleo option, serve on a bed of lettuce.