Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – it’s the Zucchini Bread Recipe you’ve been waiting for! This bread is moist, healthy from a few simple swaps, and down right deliciously addicting!
Does your mind ever go all over the place?
I finally had time to think, to sit down, be silent and focus …. but my mind is going a million miles a minute. There’s so much stuff I want to do. I want to improve my blog, I need to fix a few glitches, to make it look pretty (cuz we all know a girl needs things to be “pretty”), to improve the way you search for recipes, to improve my business and grow my network with brands … the list goes on and on.
Then my mind starts going to my family life. How I can continually work on teaching Cason character lessons about things like respect, having a kind heart, being confident, being PATIENT, and being thankful.
I want to have people over for dinner, but we haven’t done that since we moved.
I want to finish designing the new house we are going to build!
I want a date night with my hubbie … oh and see the new Jason Bourne movie!
My list is getting bigger as I keep writing. Sheesh!
Does anyone else have a list like this? One that just keeps growing and growing?
The problem is life happens and I don’t get to mark those things off my list .. and if you know me … marking things off “my list” is important to me. I will even write something down on my “to do list” that I have already done, just so that I can mark it off! haha.. I know pretty pathetic! But it makes me feel accomplished!
I don’t think there is anything wrong with making lists or even having a running list of larger items that you want to someday accomplish. The problem is when the list starts to define you and you measure your “accomplishments” or “success” by how much of that list you’ve finished.
So … here’s to throwing the list out the window!
Err…. not throwing it out the window cuz I can’t do that … I like my list … but NOT letting it define us! Can I get an amen!
In celebration of our new found freedom let’s celebrate … with Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. Shall we?
Just so you know and you don’t get mad at me later. This bread is seriously addicting and is crazy moist. There are no if’s and’s or but’s about it… most likely you will have 2 pieces at a time. It’s that good! Or maybe you won’t and I just have self-control issues. Either way you’re gonna love this bread.
It’s loaded with zucchini (woohoo), made with whole wheat flour, honey (instead of sugar), has a nice warmth to it from the cinnamon and nutmeg, a crunch from the walnuts, with dark chocolate in every bite! You can’t get better than that!
Ughh… come to momma!
Bon Appetit sweet friends, hope this recipe gets you through the rest of the week!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup grated zucchini (about 1½ zucchinis)
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 8×4 loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides (you can grease with coconut oil, butter, or PAM cooking spray) Lightly dust with flour and shake out excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add honey, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Fold in the zucchini, chocolate chip, and walnuts.
- Add the batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.