Chicken stuffed with mozzarella, tomato and basil is a delicious recipe to enjoy for dinner tonight!
I have been on a chicken for dinner “kick” lately! And I’ve been doing really good at taking the photos, writing the ingredients down as I go along so I can blog about the recipe with you too. Today I’m going to share with you this amazing recipe for Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil.
The term Hasselback has been around for awhile; usually for potatoes where you make slits in the potato, like an accordion, being careful not to slice the potato all the way through. Then you stuff the slits with bacon and cheese.
Now, people are making Hasselback everything…apples, sweet potatoes and even chicken! I haven’t tried Hasselback potatoes yet; have you? I’m going to soon though. And I know my son is really going to love that recipe because he loves bacon.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- Grape tomatoes; sliced in half
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about 3/4 of the way through being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Depending on the size of your chicken breast, you’re going to want around 6 to 8 slits per chicken breast.
- Stuff each slit with a slice of mozzarella cheese, half a grape tomato and a basil leaf.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish that has been coated with non-stick baking spray.
- Brush each chicken breast with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.