Impress your friends and family with this Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pepperjack Cheese & Spinach recipe. Looks sophisticated but is super simple to make! Pair this with a nice white wine.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4 to 6 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lots of toothpicks
- Wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place boneless chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap, or in a resealable plastic bag. Starting in the center and working out to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet until the chicken is 1/4-inch thick.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- In a small sized bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll-up each chicken breast and fasten the seams with several toothpicks. Use up to 8 toothpicks to ensure none of the filling escapes. Make sure to note how many toothpicks you use so they can all be removed.
- Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken breasts. If you have any leftover spinach or cheese, sprinkle it on top of the breasts.
- Place your chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with tin-foil for easy clean up. Make sure the the chicken breast seams are right side up on the baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving and count them make sure you have removed every last toothpick. Serve whole or slice into medallions.