Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are great appetizers for a party, healthy lunch for kids or light and easy dinner for whole family. It’s easy, make ahead recipe and freeze well.
This recipe is good idea how to use leftovers of cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken. In less than 10 minutes you can make a whole bunch of these yummy Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups.
As I said, these roll ups could be great make ahead appetizers for any party. But you can roll these in no time for unexpected visit, too.
A few days ago I had the pleasure to host some of my old friends. They were back in town after a really long time and stop by to see us suddenly. That turned out into a kind of last minute party. I didn’t have much time for planning like I usually do. So I opened my fridge and had to think of something quickly. I had a stock of tortillas and avocado from my last recipe for Easy Chicken Taquitos and plenty chicken leftovers from lunch. And after a short brainstorming, these easy appetizers were born.
Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are very easy to make, even easier to serve, and taste great. All in all, these yummy bites have all that is needed to be crowd pleasers.
These are so delicious! You would never guess they are actually healthy!
CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD ROLL UPS
Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are great appetizers for a party, healthy lunch for kids or light and easy dinner for whole family.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ripe avocado- mashed
- 2-4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (start with 2 and add more if the salad seems to dry)
- 1 ½-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 green onion-sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley- chopped
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5-6 Tortillas (8 or 10 inch diameter)
- NOTES: I had enough filling for 5 tortillas (10 inch diameter). You can use 6 (8 inch) tortillas.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for Chicken Avocado salad. Stir until evenly blended.
- Spread the mixture over tortilla and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining salad.
- Slice with serrated knife into ½ inch slices. You can slice them immediately or refrigerate until firm (about 30 mins). It’s easier to slice when chilled.