Easily customizable for your own palette, these chicken avocado burritos take taco night to a whole new level. In our house, I could eat tacos or fajitas (like this Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe), every single day. My kids, however, do not share the same affinity for them as Chris and I.
That means I have to often spice up how its served and frying up a flour tortilla typically does the trick. If you are in a crunch for time, cut out minutes on these burritos by pre-making the chicken a day before or throwing in your slow cooker to be prepped that night.
If you do decide to pre-make, simply throw the cold shredded chicken in a skillet and warm up in some light olive oil prior to assembling the rest of the mixture. Either way, these Chicken Avocado Burritos are a tasty no guilt dinner that makes you feel happy you stayed at home for the night. You can also use this same ingredient list to make chicken taquitos over burritos.
PRO TIP: Every time I am working with raw chicken, I honestly get grossed out. We all know how sick it can make someone to be exposed to what it leaves behind. I love these Kitchen Gizmos– its a cutting board that takes away the worry!
Standard cutting boards get scratches which become a breeding ground for bacteria. This cutting board is extremely scratch-resistant, preventing any bacteria from building up, has two sides, and a juice catcher so your defrosted chicken doesn’t leak to the counter.
*You can get rid of a whopping 54% of bacteria just by washing it with cold water.
*To sterilize up to 99.6% just pour boiling water over the board.
*Big working surface 15″x11.75″
*Heat-resistant of up to 300° Fahrenheit
*FDA Approved, BPA free, Dishwasher Safe
CHICKEN AVOCADO BURRITO
(scroll down for a printable version of this recipe)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 avocado -diced
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE YOUR CHICKEN AVOCADO BURRITO
- Prep by pre-cooking and shredding chicken.
- Then heat up your oil in your pan.
- Add your shredded chicken, cheese, cilantro and avocado in a bowl and mix.
- Put 1 tablespoon on each flour tortilla and fill with mix. Roll up both sides and fold.
- Now place your tortillas in your hot oil and cook approximately 1-2 minutes each side.
- You should not get any stick resistance on the flip.
- Be careful not to overheat oil or they will burn.
- Top with Salsa, extra cheese or extra sour cream and serve.