Salad for breakfast? Yes!! This Breakfast BLT Salad can be eaten anytime of the day really, but eggs and bacon served over this simple massaged kale salad with avocado and tomatoes is a delicious, savory, healthy breakfast idea.
I’ve been making perfect soft boiled eggs in the instant pot, I shared the recipe last week, but hard boiled eggs would also work if you like a firm yolk.
- 3 cups shredded Lacinto kale (no stems)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 4 strips cooked center cut bacon, chopped
- 2 ounces sliced avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Massage with your hands for about 3 minutes, until the kale softens.
- Cook eggs to desired likeness, I prefer them soft boiled. How to Make Perfect Eggs in the Instant Pot.
- Divide the kale between two bowls, top with bacon, tomatoes, avocado and egg.
- Finish with pinch of salt and pepper.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 1 salad
Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 292
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 191mg
- Sodium: 335.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 17.5g